

(2)(small)(wince).jpg)

Dear Family,
I have been thinking about you all a lot lately. We are leaving tomorrow for England. I am very excited. Especially to get to Bridport where our ancestors are from. I have been in contact with a fellow by the name of Paul. He has helped me locate some Ostlers (which are in our family line from England) that are buried in Allington cemetery. I am not sure if we are related to them or not. But what I am going to do is get all the information I can and bring it back and hopefully put together some of the pieces that are missing. I thought that we had found a relative but I haven't found a connection yet. Paul has been very helpful and I am going to meet him and he will show us around the cemetery when we get to Bridport. From what I can tell, it's a pretty small town, but so beautiful. I hope to capture it on video and film and be able to show it to all of you at the family reunion the summer! I will hopefully have copies if you want it too. I am humbled to have this experience to go where my ancestors came from. To walk where they walked, it makes me want to cry! I have felt closer to them and I hope that we can further or genealogy work though what I find. We will be in Bridport June 6th and 7Th. Then the next week we come home on Wednesday. These pictures are up on my blog but I will post them here too. Cheerio!
No comments:
Post a Comment